Roy came home this weekend. I feel like I should have a lot to say about that, but the only thing in my head is this: It's nice not being an only child, even if only for a weekend.
Being surrounded by my blood family was lovely, and there was a lot of laughter and memories, etc. But it made me appreciate my spiritual family, oddly enough. Because the biggest thing in my life is God. Everything revolves around Him--my past, my present, my future. And while I'm getting better about being honest about God's impact on my life when talking with my father and brother, it's a totally different thing to talk TO someone about God rather than talk WITH someone.
I love my church family, who mock me and love me and encourage me. I love my friends, who inspire me and put me in my place and fill me with joy. I love the believers around the world who are serving God and allowing me to participate by financially supporting them. I love Melengo, my Tanzanian Compassion kid who just sent me new pictures.
It astounds me how my heart is knitted so closely to these people who are from my city or from other countries, who are male and female, who are young and old, who I have known for years or have never met. The only thing we all have in common is a love for Jesus, and somehow, magically supernaturally, that makes us family. I love that.
So I love Roy, and I love my mom and my dad. But more than the blood bonds I have with them, I am thankful for the extended and ever-growing family God has given me.
I love your blog. I missed it when you didn't write. No, I missed you. It's one of the only ways I get to connect with you, which is sad, but true. I love you, Tricia!
ReplyDelete