I've changed my mind about what I want to do with my life! Again!
So remember when--no, of course you don't, it's my memory. After I lived in Senegal, I took a spiritual gifts inventory, and Knowledge and Encouragement were near the top. That made sense, because I realized one of my favorite things about being in Senegal was telling everyone about it, and then seeing my friends and family travel there themselves and work alongside the Forsythes. I like to learn, and then I like to encourage other people to learn the same things.
Which is, well, exactly what I do with this blog and my Facebook statuses. I stir things up, I make people think from a different angle, I share what I learn.
It should not be surprising that I am SO excited about an elective I am taking this summer.
Sexual Educator Certification I. AW YEAH.
This is what I do. My poor married friends know that the first thing I ask after their honeymoon is how their sex life is, and then I give advice. I never let lack of experience stand in the way of my wisdom. I am a fan of making people uncomfortable, which is a convenient benefit to talking about sex. Ah, the days of living with Tim and Erin, discussing penises and male lactation. I didn't live with Tim, he was just around a lot.
Anyway, this first class (I of III) covers three topics: single sexuality, male sexuality and married sexuality. I AM SO STINKING READY FOR THIS.
Last semester we learned about different counseling career paths: lay counselor, pastoral counselor, professional counselor, or expertise counselor. I've just been assuming I would do the traditional professional counseling, but since that class I've been waffling toward expertise counseling. That means you, well, become an expert in a certain field, and teach it to others. Oh ho, that sounds like what I do for fun!
Maybe married couples won't want a single woman teaching them about sexuality, but probably some won't mind. Regardless, I'm also super excited about this single sexuality topic, and how fun it would be to reach out to a population that is largely ignored where sexuality is concerned (except to say STOP IT, IT'S ALL EVIL FOR YOU RIGHT NOW).
Literally the only thing that makes me uncomfortable with this idea is that I will have to introduce myself as "Tricia, Sex Expert." HAHAHA just kidding that sounds awesome.
Seriously, that sounds like the perfect kind of counseling for you!
ReplyDelete