I excitedly invited several people from my various worlds (church, school, family dinners) to my birthday, but almost everyone couldn't come. It was kind of depressing, but Liz introduced me to Bastille, an AWESOME new band, so the two of us had a dance party as we waited for anyone to show up.
Jessica, Bridgett, and Laura arrived, and we ate pizza in our backyard on a Senegalese mat. The picnic was made even better as we discussed embarrassing childhood obsessions and related the best scenes from Pitch Perfect. Then Chad and Melissa showed up! We all went inside to avoid mosquitos and were just about to cut into the cake when Gus also appeared! It was a legit party.
We had tea and cake, and we went through a couple Table Topics questions. After two okay questions, I pulled "How would the world be different if it were matriarchal instead of patriarchal?" That spiraled into a discussion on feminist nuns and wages and equality. After ten minutes I couldn't stand it, and I burst out, "We are sitting around talking about feminism and the patriarchy on my birthday! This is the best!" They accused me of screening the cards, and it was lovely.
After taking some pictures, Amy showed up, because her flight was delayed. We housemate bonded for a while after everyone else left. It was perfect, and it's not even my real birthday yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment