I've arrived in Dallas, unpacked most of my things into my baby bedroom, and met two of my three housemates. I'm feeling pretty good about this moving thing, although since I'm still around my family and since my Woodland family is only twenty minutes away, the reality of leaving hasn't hit yet.
I'm super excited to be living with Liz again. I arrived at my house a few hours before my family and the moving truck, so we had a chance to drink coffee and talk together. We went to the Mission Serve church so that I could introduce her to all of my people. It was nice to bring her into my world a little, since I will soon be fully immersed in hers.
When Roy and Mom arrived, we unpacked the truck and analyzed my tiny bedroom for a long time before coming up with a solution that results in a nicely furniture-heavy look that still allows quite a bit of floor space. Then Liz and I made dinner, and we kept referencing how similar it was to cooking together in Senegal, only with the amazing conveniences of bottled spaghetti sauce and apples that didn't need soaked in bleach.
I sat and talked with Jessica late last night. She's my housemate who already graduated from DTS in Biblical Counseling. She seems quite normal and fun, which is good. I half believe in seminary stereotypes, but she gleefully told stories that highlighted those stereotypes and then assured me that not everyone was that way (especially in counseling, apparently).
The third housemate is in Sudan right now, but she left a dog here. It's so nice to have a pet! Paisley instantly makes things seem more homey. She is also a spastic lap dog, which is just enough like Rory to make me less sad, but not enough like Rory to replace my fantastic cat.
There's no cause to be sad yet, since like I said, most of my people are here with me. That will come later, but for now, I'm quite excited to be in Dallas!
No comments:
Post a Comment