I need your help, blogosphere perusers! I'm working on developing a project where I very deliberately try to grow the fruits of the Spirit in my life. I know it sounds stupid to "develop a project" on something that should just be done. But I need gimmicks for growth! When I do things without boundaries or time limits or plans....it lasts about two days. So I'm trying.
Here's the thing. It's kind of hard to think of practical ways to enhance spiritual fruit. I've got some ideas--for love, I can send someone a card. For patience, I can get in the longest line at a store. For peace, I can set aside a half hour for quiet. But I need more examples, and more help! So if you guys could give me suggestions, I would be super grateful!
Here's a refresher, if you need it:
Love
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-Control
Some of these may sound stupid, but humor me. :)
ReplyDeleteSelf-control- Go to the Apple website and convince yourself that none of this would be of any benefit to you. Or, better yet, dont let yourself use ur mac/iPad/TV/electronic for a period of time. Fasting from something requires self control
Gentleness- take care of a baby. When you do it, though, work on the thoughts of annoyingness and crying. Think about the innocence and simplicity of what it takes to satisfy a baby.
Goodness- dont know about this one, but what it makes me think of is how God saw everything he created and thought it was GOOD. For God to find everything GOOD and perfect, how easily do we find flaws in what He made?
Ok. That's all I got. I like your idea though. Awesome way to DO the fruits of the Spirit instead of just learn about them.
Oh, I like those! That is exactly the outside-the-box thinking I need. And I had thought of NOTHING for goodness, so your suggestion is especially appreciated.
DeleteMaybe to go along with Lindsay's thought... Think of the good you see in the people God created around you and tell them.
DeleteJust thought of this too. For love, offer to take out a SS girl that needs to know she is loved and cared about. Maybe more than one!