Two weeks from today I will be in Turkey! I can't wait to see one of my very dearest friends, to hang out with her, to re-experience the awesomeness of Istanbul, to bring her gifts, to take pictures and videos, and see what she's doing in her new overseas life.
I asked people from church to fill in some of Stephanie's needs, and....they did. Quite well. Now I have boxes of things to take in my suitcase (one suitcase! KLM only allows one suitcase! what?) and I've hit that wall. The one where instead of just doing something, you avoid it because it looks hard.
Which is rubbish, because I love packing! I love finding nooks and crannies to shove things, and the feeling I get when I look at a suitcase crammed to the gills and clocking in at just under 50 lbs? Well, it's pretty embarrassing how happy I am at that moment.
But looking ahead to future happiness rarely helps me start something that looks hard. So I'll probably keep putting it off.
But I'm so grateful to everyone who donated their time and money in buying my friend things! I'm so excited to see her face when I say, "This is for you. And this! And this and this and this!"
Maybe I can be Santa when I grow up. That seems like a pretty awesome job.
No comments:
Post a Comment