Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pottermore!! Excuse Me While I Nerd Out

I have waited seven months for Pottermore to open to the public.  Seven months, Rowling!  How do you still have such power over me? 

So far it is totally worth it.  It's my understanding that the linear walk-through-book-one setup gets old after you go through the whole thing once.  But let's be honest.  I'm only here for the Sorting Hat.

OR SO I THOUGHT.  But it turns out you kind of get sorted when you answer questions for your wand!  And you guys!  I love mine!  It's a 13 1/2 inch unyielding sycamore wand with a phoenix feather core.  I've always wanted a phoenix core wand!  Quite right too, because in the description it is said to be the most rare kind of core (you know I like things to be unusual) and temperamental but capable of great magic.  YEAH.  And sycamore wood?  Is for questing!  And adventures!  And if you turn into a boring middle-aged wizard magically summoning your houseshoes, it will combust in protest!  Oh my gosh, how did Pottermore know me so well!?

OH MY GOSH I AM ABOUT TO BE SORTED RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT.  And Jo is talking to me!  And the Sorting Hat's decision is final!  ACK!  What if I'm not in Ravenclaw?  Okay, here's my list of preference.

1.  Ravenclaw
2.  Slytherin
3.  Gryffindor
4.  Hufflepuff

OH PLEASE.  Over the past decade, I never thought I could really go to Hogwarts and get sorted!  The magic of the interwebs!

Oh gosh I think I just chose a Hufflepuff option.  But it was true!  I'm trying to be honest!  Yeerk, the stress of this!  I think this is worse than fighting trolls!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!  I'm in GRYFFINDOR!! WHAT!?

Okay, no, wait, I can make this work.  I'm like Hermione.  I once read an article that said she didn't belong in Ravenclaw because Ravenclaws like to know things for the sake of knowing them.  Hermione likes to learn things to USE them.  On adventures.  Right?  Because of my sycamore wand?

*sigh*

At least I get to hang out with the Golden Trio and fight with Draco.  I suppose this isn't so bad.

Ooo hey, and we're second in House Points to Slytherin.  Okay, I've got to change my perception of myself.  Jo has spoken, and her word is law.  I'm a Gryffindor!  House alliance!  Woo hoo!

Okay, now I really really want to go back to Harry Potter World, go on the main ride, and while I'm in line stop by the house point containers and pull a cheesy grin by the Gryffindor pile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment