Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Stupid

I'm having mixed feelings about Valentine's Day, much like my schizoid library plans.  I genuinely love Valentine's Day--having a day set aside to remind everyone to show their affection to the people they love?  Win.

BUT always before I've had single friends to party with on Valentine's Day.  We would even go on dates, and it never felt pathetic.  It was just nice, and I could honestly believe that VDay applied to more than just romance.

That was before I returned to Peoria, where everyone is weirdly coupled up.  Not like, they make weird couples.  But is it not strange that ALL my girl friends are paired?  Why is that?  UNacceptable.  All my single friends are in another state.

And since they are not around for the love, I'm getting all stupid and boy-crazy.  ANNOYING.  I hate purposeless hormones.  Let's just switch off that dopamine, huh?

I should say that this escalated because I talked to Holly, and she's got a boy (potentially, but sounds to me like DUH) and yes, I am jealous.  She wanted so badly to find a boy and get married, and she has been back in the States for MERE MONTHS and she's got him.  Ugh.  But really, I am very excited for her!  It's just one of those situations where two people want something and only one of them gets it.  Mixed emotions.

In conclusion, I have turned into a SAD SACK who is actually dreading Valentine's Day.  How did this happen!?  (Besides all the reasons I just laid out.)

6 comments:

  1. If we weren't 2.5 hours apart, I would totally go on a single girls date with you for Vday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I just had this awesome (well, I think it's awesome) idea that we should meet up in the quad cities and hang out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad you agree. When do you wanna go? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so unfortunately my life of weekends is literally booked solid until April, except for March 11/12, but I think I might need a breather from traveling and such.

    So maybe sometime in April?

    ReplyDelete
  5. April would be awesome. March is pretty insane for me, too, but I'll need an adventure by April :-)

    ReplyDelete