1. Woke up early and put my hair in a french braid. This was a noteworthy hairstyle because a) it kept my hair out of my face for the upcoming events and b) french braids always make me feel like Katniss.
2. Went downtown to the Harrison Homes to paint some rooms with 15 Woodlanders, ranging in age from 16-80. It's like a summer mission trip, but super fast, and colder. But I love us, and the comfort with which we interact: "Oh, don't mind my reaching across your face to paint that corner." "No problem, so long as you let me lean on you so I don't fall over while reaching behind that pipe."
3. Forgot to mention before 2 that I got Starbucks coffee and a scone for breakfast but I am just too lazy to click up above and change around the numbers.
4. I got dressed for snow.
5. And went to the Bibb's house, where
6. We played in snow! We sledded down their crazy driveway, had races, tried doubling up, and frequently crashed into the two foot wall of snow on either side of the plowed driveway. And then Bruce would pull Jenna and I around on a water tube from their plow. Best was after Jenna went in and Bruce drove down the hill, up the hill, down the hill, and then pulled crazy turns so that I was flung side to side. SO FUN.
7. Then we ate lasagna and watched the entire first season of Party Down, which is often horrible, but had just about every character from Veronica Mars make a guest appearance so that Jenna and I would shout, "Vinnie! LOGAN! Random teacher guy! That bad guy! VERONICA!!" Awesome.
Catching up on my blog reading! Yay for Veronica Mars 2 - suck that it sucks way more. Yay for Kristen Bell at the end. She. was. awesome!
ReplyDelete