In the last couple days, I have heard three different people repeat one of my ideas as their own. One was a girl from my Sunday School class, one was from my college Bible study, and one was a church elder. THIS IS FRIGHTENING.
I mean, obviously, I believe what I told them, and I am glad that they agree with me and are now sharing that idea with others. But. It puts me exactly in this situation: "Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. James 3:1"
That responsibility is weighty. I believe that God is using me to spread my passion for missions and radical Christian living to my church family, but.....egads. I always thought I would be on the receiving end of teaching, and would therefore not have to worry about that verse. But now I am 22 and teaching two classes, and spouting off my opinions to anyone who will listen to them.
Like I said, I believe in my opinions like whoa, but this has reminded me to guard my words and my actions a little bit more. I don't want to be judged more strictly because my words or my example led someone else astray.
No comments:
Post a Comment