I have a house!
Liz has been awesome, as usual. She's been networking like crazy to find a place for us to live in Dallas. This past week, success! The two of us will be moving into upstairs bedrooms of a house with two other girls living on the first floor. This seems pretty ideal to me. If the other girls are awesome, we will all party together. If they aren't, Liz and I can have our own upstairs partytimes.
But this means...I have a house. This moving thing is for real. On top of the house revelation, at church yesterday I found out three of my college friends are leaving within the week for summer jobs, and they won't be back until after I'm already in Texas. Goodbyes are already encroaching.
There will be a lot of sadness in this move, but....the happiness is more, I think. I've reached a point where I am very definitely ready to move on. I love my church family and my Peoria friends, but I realize that there aren't very many ways for me to grow any further if I stay in Peoria. My relationships and my life have gotten kind of stagnant. Everyone else is moving forward with their lives, and I'm standing still.
Well, no longer. I'm off to a new state to learn a new skill with a whole bunch of new people. That should be enough to overwhelm me with growth. But I trust that God brought me to this decision and that He will be with me through the changes. Finally I get it. God has good things planned for my life--I just have to go along with Him.
I found you! We'll miss you a bunch, especially little Collin. Thanks for everything you've done for our family. I'm glad we'll be able to stay in touch electronically. Good luck to you!
ReplyDelete