Here is what I don't like about love: It's so time-consuming! Ugh! When I like someone, I think about them all the frakking time (fake cuss word brought to you by Battlestar Galactica!). It's super annoying. I can't get work done because I want to see if they've posted in Twitter or Facebook or whatever. I think about the funny thing they said, or ruminate on something wise they mentioned.
Love is very uncontrollable, and I hate that. I don't like to be swept off my feet. Not really. The idea is romantic and all, but long term, that is annoying!
Also, I'm totally talking about being distracted by my celebrity crush, mentioned in the post below. Yup. All these feelings for someone I will likely never meet.
Which is bad, but I suggest that it is even worse to be infatuated with someone in real life. How many times have I texted a person I'm crushing on, then immediately thought, "Oh my gosh why would I send that, it's completely stupid!" A lot of times. I fake interests in things I don't care about. I go to events I would rather avoid.
Love makes me less me. And that's annoying.
(I hope you all know me well enough by now to realize I am semi-kidding. I love love and all the ridiculousness that comes along with it. But let's be honest. Love is terribly inconvenient.)
Just so you know, I read every post you write. Also, I thought you said that you "...think about the funny thing they said, or urinate on something..." Ew. That's just gross, Tricia. Gross.
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks Jennie! It feels like no one is reading, which is maybe why my posts are getting weirder and more media-centric. Or nope, I'm just owning up to my nerdiness more publicly. Anyway, feel free to comment all the time! It makes me more confident and happier. :)
DeleteThat urinate thing was a freudian slip...when a girl really likes someone, she can't control her bodily functions. Ugh. I'm really glad I don't have that problem! How embarrassing, hahaha.
FYI, Tricia, I am also a faithful follower of your blog, and I truly enjoy reading about your experiences and your viewpoints, which are sometimes odd to an old man like me, but refreshing nevertheless. I don't comment very often, because I am not up to date on some of the films, books and shows that intrigue you. But I did read all three of the Hunger Game trilogy, and only because you commented so much on them. Maybe I will try Harry Potter...?
ReplyDeleteKeep writing! You have a gift at this and I feel fortunate to be able to enjoy your writing!