Mom and I were travel-comparing this weekend, and I think I've been out of the country 8 times in 8 years to 10 different countries with 2 repeats.
2004--Greece
2005--Germany, Austria, Switzerland, England
2007--Vancouver
2007--Greece
2009--Turkey, Netherlands
2010--Senegal
2010--Senegal
2011--Mongolia
Soon to be added:
2012--Turkey
Here's that story. My library book distributor who I really enjoy and whom I would like to become his daughter-in-law stopped by to chat a couple weeks ago. He knew I liked to travel, so he told me his son had just called him up and said, "I found really cheap tickets to Iceland, so some friends and I are going there for the weekend!"
Naturally, I thought that was completely awesome, and it inspired me to check out airline prices. I found a flight to Turkey for only $880, which is quite good, so I facebooked Stephanie to see if I could visit her in May. She said yes. I asked my boss for a week off, Stephanie asked her boss if it was okay, and the next day I bought the tickets.
I kind of really love that buying tickets to Turkey is not a big deal. Because really it's not! Traveling overseas is not much different than traveling domestically, especially when you know someone on the other end to meet up with.
Thank goodness I'm leaving the country in less than two months. Wanderlust has been hitting me HARD CORE the past month or so. I'm annoying myself with how often I say, "I want to go to Britain! I want to go back to Mongolia! I want to go back to Harry Potter World!"
My hobby is expensive and time consuming. But I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment