Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's Decided

I'm moving to Dallas in August to start school again.

Ah!

No but really, I feel quite good about this decision, about making a decision.

It happened the night before my birthday.  Rather sillily (should be a word but isn't), I thought I ought to read my Bible and devotional stuff to get my 24th year off to a good start.  The next chapter in Tozer's Knowledge of the Holy was on the love of God.  It was all kind of perfunctory until he talked about how "perfect love casts out fear."

That is a beautiful idea, but I've never fully understood it.  The way Tozer explained it was this: when you're a kid out shopping with your parents, everything is fine until suddenly you realize they are nowhere to be found!  Suddenly the clerks and the fellow shoppers are ominous, the hangers and clothes are dangerous, and the world is a scary place.  Then your parents run to you, hug you, and the store is back to normal.  Not scary at all.

God is our parent, and when we are assured of His presence and love, things shouldn't be so scary.

I realized that all my reasons for not going to Dallas were based in fear.  And once I realized that God would go with me, and that trusting Him to take care of me was all that really mattered....the choice was simple.

So I'm going.

I talked to my boss, and she took it far better than I assumed.  Everything about this journey has been too easy and too simple and too perfect.  This is not my plan.  It's God's.  I'm excited to see where it will take me! 

And a little scared.  But I'm learning to let go of that because my God is bigger than anything that could happen to me.

1 comment:

  1. I was pretty sure you were going to do it. Good for you! I like your comment re Tozer and how God's presence (or an awareness of it) takes away fear. I need to remember that.

    ReplyDelete