Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New Kindred Spirit

Today was the first day of Summer Reading. And I made a new friend! A friend who works at the SRP table with me for eight hours every day, which is the best kind of friend, if you ask me. Not only that, but she is my latest kindred spirit! Why?

1. She went to a Christian college but shares my social liberal leanings.

2. She loves travel and thinks that people would be a lot less stupid and prejudiced if they traveled.

3. She has watched Buffy! And Angel and Firefly and Dollhouse and Dr. Horrible!!

4. When I told her I loved Troy and Abed, she did the handshake!

5. The only episode of Glee she has ever watched was the one with Neil Patrick Harris, because she loves him.

6. She watches anime and knew that Fruits Basket is the one that boys watch but pretend they don't.

I love my friends in Peoria, but I frequently feel like an outsider or a freak. Sometimes explicitly through teasing, sometimes just by the awkward silences when I reference something no one knows. It is so nice to know someone who gets all the things I love! And not only gets them, but loves them herself.

I want to be her friend, stat.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know all the why's, but I just thought you guys would hit it off! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete