I was going to write a post about how tired I am of living in Peoria. I was going to say that I can feel myself succumbing to monotonous, American dream living, and that every day of work-eat-read-friends-sleep makes me want to curl up and die. I was going to say that I have lost all pretense of reading my Bible, and that I'm tired of everything. I was going to say that I want to leave and jump out of my comfort zone and therefore kick myself in the emotional and spiritual butt.
I was going to say those things (oops, didn't I?), but then I read the Very Worst Missionary's blog. Apparently she has also been feeling low, and combated that deadness with a little Scripture and positive thinking. So *sigh* I will do the same.
Things about living in Peoria that only make me smile:
1) The weather. I love getting to wear sweaters, then short sleeves and skirts, then sweaters again. I have a range of clothing, and for a couple months I get to wear everything!
2) I got paid to cut someone's hair.
3) I'm freaking awesome with kids, and I didn't know that until I moved here.
4) I get paid to drive around and pick up donated prizes.
5) Panera all the time.
6) I get to drive places, and listen to stuff while driving, and sing crazy loud without fear of someone telling me to shut up and stop thinking I'm a superstar.
Eh. That's pretty good. Maybe I will think of more later.
I am glad you are in Peoria! I mean, I always knew the daughter of Mary McGarrah had to be awesome, but in the past few months I have found out how true that is. Seriously, anytime you need a Buffy/Angel marathon, my Netflix is ready. :)
ReplyDelete