Saturday, May 28, 2011

Thoughts of Friends

Wow.  My friends are like, adults and stuff?  I helped Lindsay and Nathan fix up their house a bit this afternoon.  They are in their second house of their marriage.  I can't fathom anything in that sentence.  And then their married friends came over, which is fine, because we talked about adoption, and duh, I love talking about adoption (two families were even interested in pursuing it!  Hurray!).

In my initial writing, I got all whiney and self-indulgent.  And then I realized that I hate that about myself.  So: revised!

I love that I have friends from every age and stage of life.  I have little kid friends.  I have high school friends.  I have college friends.  I have young single friends.  I have young married friends.  I have old single friends.  I have old married friends.

I get to learn about everything always!  Do I want to reminisce about my past and think about why I was the way I was?  Got a friend for that.  Do I want to consider how I do (or do not) want to live my future?  Got a friend for that.

Just like how living with Jennie and Dusty taught me just about everything about how I want to be a parent.  It's good to be surrounded by people who are in wildly different life stages than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment