Post #200!!! And exactly a year after I posted on here for the first time! That's pretty timely. I was going to say that 200 is a lot, but actually, that's way less than a post a day, so BAD ON ME. I'm sorry.
I have semi-happy money thoughts for this momentous occasion! I know, I know. Y'all are thrilled.
The thing is, my parents were going to buy a tablet for their upcoming Italy trip, and I was going to nab it for MY upcoming Mongolia trip. Because my computer must be plugged in to work, and the idea of 3G all the time internet (or as much as is possible in Mongolia) was super appealing.
And then they decided not to get it. Which means I'm in a technological financial quandry again! I'm such a man--it doesn't bother me to wait until my clothes and shoes fall apart to buy new ones, but gadgets? MOAR PLEAZ!
I've been stressing about it for awhile, and as I was driving home from work today, I thought, "What if I give money away equal to what I spend?" Brilliant, I replied to myself! And instantly my self-inflicted/God-inflicted guilt was lifted.
A while ago I posted about wanting to have a 50/50 budget....50% to me, 50% to others. And I dunno, that's hard? To give away half of what I make? But this feels right to me. That it's what I spend that should be equal?
I think I am way over-analyzing this. But isn't that how those moral shades of gray are to dealt with? To wrestle with them, to experiment with them, to think about them, to judge and decide and act?
So my new thought is: iPad2! I will be able to make movies, take pictures, and get online. And then whifever my computer inevitably dies, maybe I can just keep the iPad as sole gadget? And I will give an equal amount of money to....hm, probably InnerChange. I love them.
Being a human is tricky business. Especially when Jesus is ranting about money all the time in the New Testament. TEACH ME A FINANCE LESSON, JESUS! Oh wait, I guess that's what the last year has been.
No comments:
Post a Comment