Thursday, April 21, 2011

Individualism

I was told that my father writes extremely well, and that perhaps I got my writing ability from him.

At first, my internal brainscape looked something like this:  YAAARGH!  I am a unique and beautiful snowflake!  How dare someone suggest my talents are the result of something as mundane as genetics!!"

Then I realized that it's kind of sweet to share something with my dad.  And where did I think I got my writing ability anyway?  But to assure myself that I was still an individual, I came up with a surefire fact that forever separates my father from me:

When I discovered icanhascheezburger, I wasted hours laughing my butt off at the hilariously captioned pictures of cats.  When Dad found it, he couldn't get past the bad grammar.

1 comment:

  1. I understand your desire to be an individual. Sometimes when certain people compare my children to other people within the two families, it irks me because I want my children to be their own person, but I've resigned myself to the fact that they HAVE to get all their traits from somewhere.

    I can't get past the grammar either.

    ReplyDelete