I'm going to cheat and include yesterday in today, because the event that was awesome came after I fell asleep. Next thing I know my phone is in my hand and Liz is saying, "OH MY GOSH GUESS WHAT!?" I must have responded groggily, because she then asked, "Did I wake you up?
I rolled over to look at my alarm clock. 11:30. I didn't remember falling asleep, and I didn't remember answering my phone. "I...don't know!?"
"How can you not know?"
"I just don't! What time--? Was I asleep??" This was mentally straining, so I pretended it didn't matter. She went on to tell me that a friend of hers had totally hiked Mount Hood with none other than Donald Miller and had then stayed the night at his house! What what!
Also we talked about how funny it is that Holly wanted a boy and a family FIERCELY for two years, and now she has one. We both admitted that we were jealous of her getting the desire of her heart, then laughed that obviously we didn't have our boys because the desires of our hearts are not singular and consistent.
Because really, how is God supposed to give me the desires of my heart when it goes something like, "I WANT A BOY! No, I want freedom! And traveling! And meaning and purpose and adventure! And a boy! Ugh, no, boys just lead to heartache and struggle. But they're worth it! Nope, much easier to just be alone and happy!"
God probably rolls his eyes at me a lot.
Then today (by normal definitions of 'today'), I worked at the library with Marianne, who is my favorite desk partner. We talked about Mongolia and materialism and bank accounts. Good stuff. Also I snagged Tangled when it came in, which I then took over to the Monahans.
Dunno if I talked about this the first time I watched Tangled, but that movie is mega awesome. So cute, so funny! Disney at its finest (after Lion King, of course). And then Tangled turned into Holes which turned into Casino Royale. I ended up spending over eight hours at their house instead of two, which is always a good time trade. I even got to cuddle with Abby, punch David, and chat with Wendy to boot.
To boot. What a weird phrase.
I hadn't made any official plans this weekend and it turned out lovely. It's nice when that happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment