Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Perspective

I have been back in the United States for five months. 

In those five months, I have been in a wedding in Peoria, gone to Pennsylvania on a mission trip, kept going to New York City for the first time in my life, and headed a bit further to Virginia for a family vacation.  I have gone to Memphis to be in another wedding, then vacationed my way down to Georgia.  I have become a Sunday School teacher and a Bible study leader.  I have gotten my first adult job as a children's librarian.  I have remade friendships and refound my love for creating music.

Five months is a long time.

I lived in Senegal for five months.

Five months is a long time.

No wonder I'm going around greeting people like a crazy person.  "Hello!  Lovely wind, no?  Guess what!  I'm going to Senegal in one week and one day!  Would you like to see pictures I just printed off?  No?  Here they are anyway!  And by the way, I'm going to Senegal in one week and one day less three minutes!"

I.  Cannot.  Wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment