Maybe it's because I've just seen a superhero movie, but when I look to the days ahead and all the awesome movies being released, I imagine myself standing slowly, looking into the middle distance and intoning, "My time has come."
Because guys, there is nothing I do better than absorb stories and flail about them after. I'm not even kidding when I say I think that is why God made me. Someone needs to be a full-time appreciator.
Before I get into Iron Man 3, let me discuss the previews. Namely, the preview for Thor 2. Specifically, the two second clip of Loki. My love. I love him. So much. I am pretty sure that he's going to have to team up with Thor against the bigger threat of Malekith, but I am desperately hoping that the teamwork will stick around long enough for him to show up in Avengers 2. Can you imagine the snarkiness when the rest of the team realizes he's on Team Good? I CAN.
This is basically me living my Draco dream through a new character. Why can't the poor little evil guys be redeemed and grudgingly admitted into the ranks of hero? PLEASE.
Okay, Iron Man 3 beneath the cut.
It was SO GOOD.
That's it. Haha, no, but whoever thought to take the cockiest Avenger and give him anxiety attacks was a genius! It was believable, because of all the superheros fighting in New York, Iron Man is the least super. He's just a normal guy protected by a suit of armor. Take that away and he's dead super fast. Add on the fact that he DID die until the Hulk scream, and well, we've got a PTSD candidate.
Not that this affects his cockiness, wit, or charming brusqueness. I'm guessing the same genius who suggested anxiety also suggested pairing him with a kid, because that was brilliant. Only in this movie could a superhero/kid combination be adorable without being sweet. "I'm cold." HAHAHAHA.
And Pepper. Can we talk about Pepper!? I read that RDJ told Marvel people that they needed to give her more to do, because it's 2013 and why are the Marvel ladies (minus Black Widow, what WHAT) running around getting saved by the menfolk. Well, his request was heeded, and at the end when Pepper starts kicking ass, I actually grabbed Liz's arm and said, "This is all I ever wanted."
So good. Some crazy plot twists that I did NOT see coming, some okay plot twists that I did. Mostly some really excellent dialogue and sparkly cool action scenes, and PLEASE hurry up with everything else Marvel ever. Please.
No comments:
Post a Comment