Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Incheon Airport is Adorable

Okay, so I kind of wish I were staying in Korea. And I guess that wish came true to a lame extent, because my next flight is delayed for three hours. Thank goodness I'm in South Korea and not O'Hare! This airport is awesome! What kinds of awesome, you might ask?

1. There are random parades! Through the airport! With people wearing traditional dress and instruments and everything.

2. They have Starbucks. I meant to use the gift card my mom gave me, but duh, I should have realized they wouldn't take it. Instead I paid in dollars and got wan/yen/I don't know back. And the drink that I got? Soy green tea frappachino! Sounds disgusting, right? I thought so too (...which should have deterred me from buying it, but whatever), and we would both be wrong! It was quite tasty.

3. The airport ladies have adorable little bow things in their hair.

4. There is quite enough English for me to get around easily.

5. The Korean language is beautiful! More so than Japanese and Chinese, I think. Looks wise, anyway.

6. There are Korean culture stations where you can dress up and stuff. I passed one before I knew my flight was delayed. Now that I know I have some extra time, maybe I'll try to find it.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, great experiences so far and more to come!!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sister of the travellng awesomeness!!!! glad you find the airport so full of coolness...
    thinkingof you...looks like the weather will be balmy for your arrival in UlaanBataan!!!!

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and sending you love. Have a wonderful journey in all senses of the word! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back. -roy

    ReplyDelete