Saturday, July 2, 2011

True Friends Make Fun Of You

"Or instead of ALT, maybe she could use a Central command," Dusty said.

Jennie burst out laughing and smacked me on the leg.

"Hah hah...hah?" I laughed. "I don't...get why we're laughing."

"He said Central!" Jennie explained.

"Oh! Hahahaha! ...No, I still don't get it."

"Remember how you used to think the Control button was called Central?"

It all caught up with me then, and I laughed loudly and honestly. "Apparently I still think it's Central, because I did not see anything wrong with what he said." We all laughed at my expense.

That, along with laughing at Jennie's miserable mouse catching skills and attempting to smash my chair into Dusty as he passed corn on the cob by my ear (and failing), are some of the reasons I love hanging out with the Hughes family. It never seems like any time has passed, we can openly mock each other, and I can tell them about anything and a everything in my life (and I receive advice as well as mockery).

I love Jennie and Dusty.

No comments:

Post a Comment