My aunt is incredibly similar to me, and my mom is incredibly similar to my cousin. I have a whole big conspiracy theory about us being switched at birth and stuff.
Two more reasons why we are the same person:
1) She doesn't look at people in public. I thought it was normal to avoid eye contact and ignore people in crowds. Apparently it's not. But my aunt is that way too!
2) She said during dinner, "It's better to marry a guy that's younger than you." My eyes widened, and Bess scoffed. My aunt continued, "That way when you get older--". I interrupted, "You will live together longer!" We beamed at each other. Bess didn't understand, because she doesn't share our brain. She shares my mom's.
Hahaha! I guess you're right. I'm still trying to figure out the logic of marrying younger...
ReplyDelete1) It *is* normal to avoid eye contact. When people are forced into close proximity with strangers (proximity normally being a sign of intimacy) they will naturally try to make the situation less intimate by, for example, avoiding eye contact. (This is one of the few things I remember from my communication theory class.) I visited NYC and Boston a while back and everyone pretended the crowds of people around them didn't exist and I felt like no one cared what I did, as opposed to being at UU where everyone knows everyone else and might (I am paranoid) judge me. It was great. :)
ReplyDelete