Monday, August 9, 2010

First Day

I've not been feeling much like blogging lately, but I have this compulsion, like I'm obligated to consistently update.  How did that happen?  I suppose blogging almost daily for five years has something to do with it.

Anyway, today was my first day working at the library.  I was only there for three hours, and while it was by no means bad, first days are just not awesome.  I had a load of information dumped in my brain, and I felt the beginnings of responsibility, which was alarming since I doubted my ability to remember lessons from an hour before.

After introducing me to everyone there, Boss told me I could get a DVD buffed by a particular worker.  "Oh, is she coming in today?" I asked.  "...She's sitting right next to you."  Fail.

I am obsessed with the music from the Very Potter Sequel. This obsession was only encouraged when I got home from the library and saw that my mom had left me a congratulatory card (my family is awesome, it's true) and a package of Red Vines.  I've never had them before, but I freaked out when I saw them at Walmart the other day.  That's because VPS reimagines the beginning of Ron and Harry's friendship as bonding over Red Vines ("favorite vines that aren't green?"  "red vines!"  "favorite way to say "red wines" in a German accent?"  "red vines!").  Turns out they are pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. First days are usually not the best BUT it will get better! Soon you'll be an "old hand" and able to help the next "newbie".

    ReplyDelete