I am back in Peoria! I have thoroughly enjoyed my vacations and getting to see all my darling friends. But I'm very ready to be in one place for a sizable amount of time. (My mom pointed out that I'm actually only going to be in Peoria for three months before I go back to Senegal for a couple weeks...is it sad that three months seems like a long time?)
However, I did get a little freaked out about staying in Peoria for an indeterminate amount of time. I haven't been in Peoria for more than three weeks since December 2008. And I haven't been in Peoria for more than six weeks since August 2007. But mostly I think it will be okay. I visited the Monahans on my way home, and even though Wendy called me a pedophile, I think I will always be happy in Peoria if there are Monahans residing in the city limits.
The drive today was surprisingly awesome. I talked to Roy for the first time since...a skype conversation in Senegal? It's been a long time. And he told me I won a free colonoscopy! Because apparently he had something pre-cancerous in his intestines, so yay for genetics. I'm hoping it'll not happen, because I would rather avoid current discomforts than prevent future diseases. But probably it will. Also we had one of our awesome but draining conversations where we agree on everything socially and feministically and culturally....but from totally different worldviews.
Also, I listened to the Very Potter Sequel songs over and over and over. Words just can't describe how awesome a song that screams "I'm Harry freaking Potter" is. And a song where Lucius Malfoy and Snape sing about how douchebags always get the girls got the most listens from me because seriously, how can that be beat? I have so much love for those college grads from Michigan University and their willingness to create two 3-hour musicals dedicated to loving and spoofing HP. (They even got mentioned in Entertainment Weekly's Top 10 list!)
No comments:
Post a Comment