Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hardest Thing in the World

Last week I spent the night with Stephanie's grandma, who just lost her husband a couple weeks before.  Then today I saw Inception and Up, both movies that deal with moving on after the death of a spouse.

I can't imagine anything more difficult.  It makes me want to never get married, or it solidifies my preference for marrying someone younger than me.

Ugh.  Death sucks this side of heaven.

4 comments:

  1. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about for me...or for anyone to whom I have emotional ties. I can NOT think about it, or I work myself up into almost a panic attack. I agree. Hardest thing in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its funny u should mention that at the moment... Nathan and I are getting faced with life insurance policy CRAP and we've both had to think about that... BUT i have decided that he needs to die first because, i need to make sure everything is taken care of... and he's not a detail person like me. Hopefully God likes that idea too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching Up at the movie theater, I literally vomitted a tiny bit in my mouth at the horrible life sequence - and I mos def (that's my rapper phrase for most definitely) cried at least three times. I'm not good at thinking of being at the end of my life alone...even though I know it's not about here and now, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Def. That is why I am all about marrying someone younger, to therefore maximize the chance of dying first.

    Which is stupid, because there are so many ways to die, and I'm just going to stop right there because there's no way to make that not morbid.

    ReplyDelete