Wednesday, August 1, 2012

An Unintentional Nap

I read a book while eating lunch, but I finished eating before I got to the end of a chapter.  I carried my book into the living room and settled onto the couch with it.  I noticed I was nearing the 100th page thought that would make a nice goal before getting out of the house.  The air conditioning kicked on.  Ignored the cool breeze until I noticed a blanket thrust on top of the couch.  I pulled it over my legs.

I was on page 92 when I thought it might be nice to read from a lying down position.  My head hit the pillow and I thought, "Ah, that's nice.  Crap.  Danger ahead!"  I read with eyes wide, furiously denying my upper body the comfort of my blanket.  It didn't last.  I lied, "This doesn't mean anything," and pulled the fleece comfortably under my chin.  Page 98.

I set my book aside, promising myself I would only close my eyes for ten minutes or maybe less.  Two hours later, I woke up and finished the last two pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment