Kelly and I entered the break room at the same time this morning, and she greeted me with, "I caught a little bit of Midnight in Paris last night. Your guy (Tom Hiddleston) was...yeah. He's very cute. His voice!"
I swooned in agreement.
**
Today was the first time Kelly did story time instead of me, and when the kids came out afterwards, little Traian approached me at the SRP table and asked, "Why didn't you in story time?" I told him I was leaving, and his face fell before he ran back to his mom. She immediately asked if she could take a picture of the two of us, so I went over and hugged him and smiled. He retreated to his mom's lap, then peeked up at me and said, "I love you."
My poor heart.
**
During the afternoon, the kid's section was bustling. A family was crammed onto the couch, each one reading their own book. Kids sat at tables doing puzzles, and others sat on the floor with our stuffed animals. One little guy came up to my desk to get his prizes, then glanced over and saw a stuffed lion on the back of the couch.
"Meow!" he said in its direction. Which was also in the direction of that reading family. "Meow mraow!" he continued. They looked up to see what weird kid was meowing in the library, and saw him looking...at them. For a beat they were all shell-shocked, then one noticed the lion behind their heads. The kid by my desk was nonplussed by their confusion, continuing to meow for at least two minutes.
**
Two new girls came in and perused my prize display even though they were not signed up for the program. They were so sneaky, commenting on how many erasers I have, and did I know how pretty they were? The 5-year-old fell in love with me, and we "hung out" for a while as their mom looked for her own books. The 3-year-old desperately wanted her older sister to play with her, but her pleas were unsuccessful. Finally she marched up to her older sister, grabbed her face between her hands, and aggressively said, "Sissy, I just want you to know, I. Love. You." Then she stomped back to the chair where she was feeding the lion a banana.
hahaha the last two are my favorites :)
ReplyDelete