Wednesday, June 13, 2012

No Man Is An Island, But This Woman Might Be

I recently watched this video by Nerimon, which is all about a psychological mind story starring a cube, a ladder, and a horse.  These things end up representing yourself, your friends, and your love interest.  The guy in the video had a really fascinating revelation--the ladder leaned against the ice cube, and the horse tried to climb the ladder but couldn't.  Everything made sense according to his real life, and everything was intertwined and healthy.

Me?  I played along as the scene was described.  My Tesseract cube (I view myself as awesome and superpowered.....or maybe I'm just still obsessed with The Avengers) sat alone, and the ladder leaned against a wall away from the cube.  The horse just kind of stood behind the cube, not interacting with anything.

Nothing interacted with me (the cube).  My friends (the ladder) leaned on something else, and my love interest (the horse) was behind me and unimportant.  This is probably more indicative of my life than I want it to be, because that level of independence strikes me as a little sad.  But it's true.  I don't allow myself to rely on others (not long term, anyway), and I don't really care if others rely on me. 

At least I'm the Tesseract.  Aw yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment