Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Roller Coasters

Setting: Turkish restaurant in Dallas, TX. Liz and I sit on one side of a table, across from a former Journeygirl to Turkey and her friend. They are on their way to a New Years Eve wedding.

Liz: I like the idea of having a huge long party after the wedding, because you'll never get to have all your favorite people in one place again.
Me: Yeah! A giant sleepover.
Friends: Um, but what about...
Liz and Me: Psh. You've waited that long to have sex. One more night won't hurt.
Friends: *dubious*
Married Friend: Sex is like a roller coaster. It's big and scary, and you're torn between wanting to ride it and being too scared. But then you get in line, and the longer you're in line the more exciting it gets. By the time it's your turn, you've waited so long that you are determined to ride that roller coaster no matter what!
Liz: That is a perfect comparison.
Me: But...I don't ride roller coasters.

1 comment: