Sunday, December 11, 2011

Who Knew Skipping Church Could Feel So Good?

The holidays really are a bittersweet time of year.  I feel like there is something significant missing from nearly every sphere of my life, and those holes are more apparent during happy holiday times.

Most of the time, those absences merely combine to form a general dissatisfaction with life.  I've become used to that, and most of the time I don't think about it.  But the past few days I've been a bit overwhelmed.  So after first service, I went home.  Side bar: It's super weird to go out and return home by 9:15 in the morning.

With the help of my cuddly, purry cat and then a night of playing Fishbowl with friends, I'm feeling better.  Even though I sorely miss having friends to talk to, deep and personal and often, my friends in Peoria never fail to make me laugh.  And 95% of the time, that's enough.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of talking this weekend. We have 14 hrs in the car together after all!

    ReplyDelete