Liz introduced me to this band The Oh Hello's, and they are everything I want to be. Listening to them makes me say things like, "They are speaking my heart and playing my soul!" with a whine and a forehead crashed against the car window.
The thing is, their album "Through the Deep, Dark Valley" is one long song-after-song story. The Christian life story, in fact. The first couple songs are about creation and Eden and falling in love.
("At last, at last, bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh")
Then comes the fall.
("These things that you're after, you cannot control")
Then songs of doubt and despair and hope against hope.
("Father, have mercy, I know that I have gone astray, When I saw my reflection, it was a stranger beneath my face")
Then the rising action, the pursuit of truth and the peace of finding God.
("I was bound and determined to be the child that you wanted, but I was blind to every sign You left for me to find")
And finally, a reprise of the first song, of Eden and rest.
("Still you lead me, never leave me")
On top of some really poetry-soul-inspiring lyrics, the music is freaking fantastic. I am hard core in love, and I desperately want them to perform in Dallas, and also I want everyone everywhere to know of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment