1) A girl with whom I graduated from high school brought her daughter to my story time today. This was very weird, because, well, I avoid people from high school. (I know, horrible idea to work in the Dunlap library.) Also, when I was finally confronted with her, I had to sing to her. And finally, she has a three-year-old. WHAT.
2) I miss college. I miss not having to worry about parents, and just saying, "Hey, let's look for homeless people to feed," and then doing it.
3) I hate being in a position of leadership. I don't like red tape, and I don't like rules, and I don't like bureaucracy. I can avoid those things when it's just me, but apparently they are things that must be dealt with when people's lives are at stake. Or something. I don't know; it displeases me and tires me.
4) I do feel better about the college group at church, though. Because of the two above revelations. And now I've come to see that it is a group that has to answer to people, and I guess it is going to be just another group at the church, and there are rules to go along with it. It will never be as awesome as I want it to be. Now that I am resigned to that, I think I can stop stressing as much.
5) I've been working with the reporter from the Chilli newspaper about the article he's writing on the Dunlap Library. I met him a month ago at a program, and I liked him so much that I told multiple people he was going to be my future husband. He seemed perfect (1. worked for WorldVision over the summer, 2. favorite color is purple and defended it to a kid who called it "girly", 3. settled in to play with the kids, 4. likes LotR, Narnia, and HP, 5. we immediately had this lovely friendly vibe going on). There are other people who share most of these traits, but Brandon is MY AGE, and for a brief moment I thought romance could be something now and not years in the future.
I waited a whole week before internet stalking him, and there I found out he is engaged. Of course, I still had to interact with him for advertisements and stuff, and he came to a couple events where no kids showed, and we two just talked. And his emails were always stupidly friendly. And the whole time we talked I wanted to shout, "I WAS FLIRTING BEFORE. WE ARE NOT FRIENDS. STOP BEING NICE." But I didn't, and I dreaded every time I had to see him.
But I just found out he transferred to Washington news, so I will not see him again!
I am very much a fan of not having my stupidity shoved in my face. There is nothing worse than misreading signals and then having to deal with that ignorance over and over again (like Kevin, oh my word, that was the worst).
6) Okay, I'm done. That's my life today.
Misreading signals sucks. Period.
ReplyDeleteAlso, rules suck. And I'm a rule-follower and a rule-lover...but people are more important than most rules and regulations. I think that churches, etc. often forget that.
i love your life
ReplyDelete