My car has some snazzy new tires to show off, and I'm $500 in the hole. BUT I am pleased, because there is something very gratifying about buying new tires after one blows out. I know I got all the use I could out of them, so it doesn't seem so bad to get new ones.
I had lunch with the older sister of one of my school friends. She's moving to Rwanda next week, so we talked Africa. It's so nice to hang out with single 20-something year olds who are invested in traveling and helping the world. She even wants to adopt and therefore avoid childbirth!
Every time I say these things, I do realize how narcissistic I sound.
But really, I love me some girl power conversations. (What is with me and the "I love me" or "I hate me"? That's not even clever English manipulation. Bad Tricia!) It's nice to have someone else reiterate how impossible it is to find a guy in Peoria who wants to live overseas. And it's nice to hear that someone else is not going to sit around and wait for a guy when there is a world to explore and lives to better! (Even though if the right guy asked, I totally would, because I HAVE NOT KILLED THE ROMANTIC IN ME after all.)
I was also thinking about how people frequently ask whether you're dating or married. Which, I'm sorry, is ridiculous. Is someone's relationship status more important than their contribution to the world? Nope, choking that rant off before I even begin.
And I'm only saying these things because I really wish there were boys around. I don't even need one to complete my life. I'm happy with my goals and such. I just want one so people will stop bugging me, and also because it would be nice to know that one person thinks I'm the bomb diggity. But that is selfish, so, whatever.
Oh man, there is no rhyme or reason to this post.
Also, I watched the Christmas Glee episode, with Grinch!Sue, and it was awesome. I got all excited for Christmas, and then I remembered that I've got to wait 11 months before that comes around again.
I'm only still writing because I'm waiting for Stephanie to reply to me on facebook. Oh, okay, there she is. My life isn't interesting enough to continue talking about anyway.
I love me some bomb diggity.
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAA you put a smile on my face.
ReplyDelete